Saturday, November 28, 2009

Pre-race thoughts...

I AM SO PUMPED!! Just got back from bike and bag check in. Oh my gosh. The race mood is so AWESOME. The weather is absolutely gorgeous. Everyone is positive and and there is so much energy. I was pleasantly surprised by the organization and security at check in; it was well run.


The nutrition/hydration nazi (coach Pete) has been on me like a leach all day making sure I am doing everything I am supposed to do today :) He loves me. After the swim this morning I got a stern coach lecture about siting. Apparently I was not swimming straight enough for him; at least he cares, right?! I mean, really, where would I be without him.

While I am thanking people, I need to thank Pops for the great pictures. Lugging that camera around is not easy and he has sacrificed his beach time all for my benefit.
Grandma Charlotte has been on kid duty almost 24/7 since we got here on Monday. She says she loves it, and I sure hope so, because it is a great, great blessing to Pete and I. It has made for a very relaxing stay for me.

Nana got here Thursday and has taken over kid duty, too, as always. You guys are irreplaceable. I could never thank you enough.

So back to race thoughts...


I feel strong, rested and confident. I feel like tomorrow is going to be so much fun. I feel blessed beyond measure to have been given the opportunity and ability to do this. I feel humbly grateful for the support I have from family and friends. I feel very loved. My excitement is overwhelming!


Pictures from the swim practice this morning:


can you see those orange buoys waaaay out there? that is the swim turn

our new friend, Anthony. He is at our hotel and we have enjoyed his company a lot!


a quick spin to make sure all's well before I turn my bike in for the race
Pictures from the bike and bag check in:
entertainment while we did check in...awesome!


2 comments:

  1. Praying without ceasing today! I'll be excited to "hear" the results. And, BTW, Matt and I stayed at the El Cozumeleno in 2006. We enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in your race, I know you will do well and looking forward to your race report!

    ReplyDelete