Sunday, June 21, 2009

It's gettin' hot out there!

I love it. Would not have it any other way. I was able to do a 5 hour ride today and we started at 6 am as soon as it was light enough so that we would not have to fight the heat as long. We are into the triple digit heat indexes now!

I did my first time trial this week. The Dam Bike Time Trial at Joe Pool lake. It was 8 miles, totally flat, out and back. The wind was an issue going out but pushed me on the way back in. I averaged 22.3 mph which made me 2nd place overall female. Of course the first place female had to be in my age group, too, so I was 2nd there as well. At least I got my money back; it was $30 to enter and I got a $30 gift certificate for my finish time. It was gut wrenching, like a sprint tri, but pretty fun. It will be interesting to do that same one again at the end of the season and see if I improve.

Pretty good workout week. Not as much running as I had hoped, but I covered the bases. Totals:

Swim 2:15 7050 yards
bike 9:05 162 miles
run 2:35 18 miles
total: 13:55

For next week, P14 6/22 - 6/28 I have:

swim 2:30
bike 5:00
run 3:20
total: 10:50

No comments:

Post a Comment