Sunday, June 7, 2009

summer is here

It is officially summer in our household. Soren has finished the 4th grade! That means a crazy summer schedule (or lack of) is upon us. I will fit my workouts in where there is time between many trips and fun outings.

This week was another success. I logged exactly the number of hours I needed, however I was lacking in my swim and over in my biking. That's okay. My bike needs more work than my swim anyway.

A couple of firsts for me this week. I was riding on the trail and my chain snapped. Luckily I was riding with friends, one of which lives in some apartments on the trail, so I hopped off of the bike and jogged in my socks the 4 miles back to his apartment for a lift back to my car which was all the way back at the Y. Most riders asked if I needed some help; you usually see people riding their bikes, not pushing them. My feet were on fire and my socks had disintegrated by the time I reached the apartments. I don't think I will pursue barefoot running.

On Friday Pete and I had the opportunity to run together and he took me on my first trail run. It was difficult, but I enjoyed the change. My ankles felt very weak on the downhills but overall it was great.

This week's totals were:

swim 1:00 3000 yards (oops!)
bike: 7:10 120 miles
run: 5:00 31 miles
20 minutes of plyometrics
total time: 13:30

schedule for week P12 6/8 - 6/14

swim: 2:30
bike: 5:15
run: 3:30

total: 11:15

No comments:

Post a Comment